Faecal examinations are done to check for the presence of parasites, yeast and bacteria levels.
A swab is done in the mouth to check for parasites, yeasts and bacteria levels.
Blood samples may be taken to check for anaemia, inflammation and infection.
A blood sample may also be done to check calcium levels, blood sugar, electrolyte levels and liver or kidney function.
Signs of Illness
- Lethargy, slow or no movement
- Moving abnormally or not moving one or more limbs
- Behavioural changes such as increased aggression
- Changes in appetite or not eating at all
- Change in consistency or colour of faeces
- Loss of weight
- Hiding away more than usual
- Swellings, inflammation, bleeding, wounds
- Discharge from vent, mouth, eyes or nostrils
It is vitally important that your reptiles get treatment as soon as possible when they show signs of illness as they are likely to be critically ill at that stage. Preventative health checks are important to the long term health of your pet. We are available to assist in the care of your pet as well as to offer advice on their diet and environment to prevent certain diseases such as MBD.